I was on vacation this week. I thought I'd take the time to drive down the the office that is closing and move my old workstation , plus one for a client to the raised floor.
It's Spring Break here, so I took my son to help with the heavy lifting.
Imagine my surprise (not!) to discover half way there that no one had completed
the paper work to allow me to move the equipment to the raised floor. Even worse,
when I got to the office, my badge would not work on the room where my workstation
was.
Many frustrating phone calls and runarounds later, I was told that I could temporarily
store my equipment in an area in the old building that was not immediately closing,
but I was given phone numbers for people who were out as contacts. also, no luck on getting into the room where my workstation was located. Everyone kept telling me 'authorization is required - you have to go to so and so...' no one was listening.
I HAD authorization - some idiot deleted it for some reason...
I even stayed over night at a relatives and it was 'same crap, different day' the next day.
Eventually, I located a FRIEND who had access and who was going to the office the next day to get my equipment and move it for me...
Why does this stuff have to be so hard? This is crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment